Individual Health Insurance
Individual health insurance is an insurance policy that you purchase on your own, separately from your employer. It is also known as a personal health plan. Individual health insurance has grown increasingly popular as companies have moved away from providing group health insurance due to rising costs. For some people, choosing an individual health insurance plan over the one provided by their employer can provide security and offer more personalized policy options.
When you require medical services, health insurance helps to offset the cost and save you money. In return for a monthly premium, the insurance company will pay a portion of the services you need, from wellness exams to major surgery. Insurance is a safety net to prevent you from facing massive financial loss in the face of a medical emergency.
Employer-sponsored health insurance policies are chosen and purchased by your employer, which offers coverage to eligible employees and their dependents. The cost of the premiums is shared between the employer and the employee.
Individual health insurance is different because your employer isn’t involved in the selection or cost of the policy. You would work directly with the insurance company to select and purchase your own plan outside of your employment. These policies can be purchased on the national marketplace, and an expert insurance broker can help you decide on the right one for you and your family. There are many benefits to purchasing an individual health insurance plan, including:
- Customization: You can choose the plan, coverage and company that best fits your needs.
- Flexibility: During the annual Open Enrollment period, you can renew or change your plan based on your preferences.
- Consistency: Since your insurance plan isn’t tied to employment, you can change or leave jobs without losing coverage.
- Doctor Preference: You can select a plan that includes doctors or hospitals you want to work with.
- Affordability: You may be eligible for a government subsidy to help pay for your policy.
There are many factors to consider when choosing between an employer-sponsored plan and an individual plan, including cost, income, options and where you live. An insurance broker can help you compare plans and choose the best option for you.
Trust True Texas Benefits for Your Individual Health Insurance Plan
At True Texas Benefits, we are committed to helping you throughout the entire decision process and beyond. Our white-glove service and customer-oriented approach means you will have an expert on your side, every step of the way. With True Texas Benefits you can expect:
- Creative benefits planning and design
- A dedicated account manager
- Platinum benefits communication
- A centralized, cloud-based enrollment platform
We will help you make the best individual insurance plan choice for you and your loved ones. Contact us today for a quote.